To file a public records disclosure request with the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife provide a detailed description of the requested records or information (subject, dates, location, etc.) to:
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Public Disclosure Officer
Mail: WDFW Public Disclosure Officer, 600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
The Public Records Request Form may be used but it is not required. If you choose to use the form, please download it in either PDF or Microsoft Word format to your computer, fill in the requested information and send it as described above.
Public Records Request Form: PDF | MS Word
Note: Adobe Reader does not save data entered in a PDF form.
The department cannot release lists of individuals for commercial purposes [See RCW 42.56.070 (9)]. If requesting a list of individuals, please use the WDFW Records Request Form. Read and sign the statement verifying that the list will not be used for commercial purposes.
Copy fees may be charged.
- Copying - $.15 per page
- Electronic data (i.e. audiotapes, videotapes, compact discs) - Actual cost of producing the record. The department may charge $.10 per page to offset costs associated with scanning physical documents into electronic form if the records are not originally in electronic form.
Records may be reviewed at WDFW offices at no cost between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding state legal holidays. Arrangements may be made to inspect records at other times by contacting the WDFW Public Disclosure Officer.
Once a public records request is received WDFW staff will review the request and respond within five business days to let you know:
- If additional time is required to fulfill your request.
- If the records are available.
- If any of the records will be withheld for legal reasons.
- If copy charges will apply and, if so, the estimated amount.
For questions related to public records, contact the WDFW Public Disclosure Officer by telephone at 360-902-2253 or by e-mail at Carol.Turcotte@dfw.wa.gov.
WDFW public records rules can be found in Chapter 220-80 WAC.