- Where can I purchase the multiple-season hunting permit applications and when is the deadline?
Multiple-season applications may be purchased and submitted online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html. You can purchase permit applications from local license vendors, on the Internet (http://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/), or by calling toll-free 1-866-246-9453. The deadline t ...
- What is the multiple-season hunting permit?
The Multiple Season Hunting Permit allows a hunter to hunt in any open unit during all general seasons starting with archery and continuing through muzzleloader and modern firearm. However, the hunter must comply with all rules and weapon restrictions for the season in effect.
- What are the rules for multiple-season permit holders?
A multiple season permit can only be used during general seasons and in Game Management Units (GMUs) that are open during a modern firearm, muzzleloader, and archery general season.* In other words, a multiple season permit holder may not hunt during the muzzleloader general season in a GMU th ...
- How do I enter the drawing after I purchase the application?
Your application is automatically entered into the drawing unless you apply with a partner. These applications may be submitted online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html.
- How much does the multi-season permit application cost?
The cost of the multiple-season hunting permit application is $7.10 for residents, $3.80 for youth, and $110.50 for non-residents.
- How much does the multi-season hunt permit cost?
Including transaction fees, multiple-season deer or elk tags cost $182.00 for residents and nonresidents in addition to the cost of an annual hunting license.
- How many multiple-season permits are going to be drawn?
In mid-April, 8,500 deer permits and 1,000 elk permits will be randomly drawn by computer selection.
- How many multi-season permit applications may I purchase?
You may purchase one application for deer and one application for elk.
- Does a multiple season permit increase my bag limit?
A multiple season permit does NOT increase a hunter’s bag limit, but it does offer additional general season hunting opportunities. The bag limit remains one deer or one elk.
- How does the multiple-season permit affect the deer and elk special permits?
If you are drawn for a multiple season permit and purchase the multiple season tag for deer or elk, you may apply for all weapon types when making your hunt choices (i.e. muzzleloader hunts, archery hunts, and modern firearm hunts) on each of your deer or elk special permit applications. Additi ...
- Can I use my general season deer or elk tag if I am drawn for and plan to participate in a multi-season hunt?
No. Currently if you purchase your general season tag and then you are drawn for a multi-season tag of the same species, you must return your general season tag and purchase a multi-season tag to participate in multi-season hunts. If you have previously purchased your licenses and taken possess ...
- What if I am drawn, but decide not to purchase the permit?
Successful applicants will be allowed to purchase the permit at any time prior to September 1st. The multiple-season permit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Do I earn points for the multiple-season permit application if I do not draw a permit?
An applicant will retain a point each time he/she does not draw a permit.
- When and how will I be notified of the drawing results?
We anticipate notifications will be mailed out by the end of April.
- Do I need to purchase a hunting license and tags before I can enter the drawing?
You do not need to purchase a deer or elk hunting license and tag to enter the multiple-season permit drawing.